By Paige Brey
- Our FSU Italian students will be back this Friday to continue our Italian lessons. They were impeccably prepared and did a great job the first time they visited. The class will be first thing Friday morning, so please arrive on time. If possible, they would like our students to watch the video “Buon Viaggio” on YouTube again before our next lesson.
- We will be leaving campus around 11:30 on Friday for P.E., returning around 1:30. Please pack a lunch that does not require the microwave.
- On Tuesday, October 27, the students would like to perform a showcase of their individual scenes and monologues and preview our one-act play, 4 A.M. by Jonathan Dorf. Please check your calendar and let me as soon as possible if your child has a schedule conflict and cannot attend. The showcase will be at Unity of Tallahassee, off Crowder Rd. at 2850 Unity Lane at 7:00 p.m. Many thanks to Pam for securing the location for us, and to Rev. Bill Williams for allowing us to use the church.
- The District 10 Jr. Thespian Festival will be held at Godby High School on November 6 and 7. Again, let me know if your child has a schedule conflict on any of these dates so that we can make any necessary adjustments. The festival organizers are willing to accommodate specific scheduling requests, but only if they know about them well in advance.
- Thespian practice will continue each Thursday afternoon from 3:30 to 5 through November 4th. Individual scenes and monologues can also rehearse on Wednesday and Friday afternoons. Students should consult with their group members and sign up for a mutually convenient time.
- All lines for 4 a.m. should be memorized by tomorrow (Tuesday, October 20) and lines for individual scenes and monologues are due on Thursday, October 22. Students may substitute memorizing lines for their regular 30 minutes of reading each night.
- Current Events returns this week as usual.
- Many thanks to Jodi and Lerena for making sure we have awesome attire at festival again this year.
- They have helped the students choose a t-shirt design and will be coming to school at guild time to facilitate the printing.
- We’re also grateful to Jodi and Lerena for organizing and implementing Parent’s Night Out and the Star Wars winter break camp to raise funds for middle school activities. Please take time to read their e-mails and let them know how you can help.
- Amid all this excitement, our Energy Theme continues apace. Students have conducted experiments exploring potential and kinetic energy and played “Energy Bingo” to learn about different types of energy and the Law of Conservation of Energy.
Check us out on Facebook